BersaLive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for Bersa owners, enthusiasts, and non-owners alike -without fear of termination due to one's opinion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jc57

I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here. Empty
PostSubject: I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.   I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 pm

In addtion to my Bersas, I happen to own and like Glocks. I don't claim they are "Perfection" like their logo says, but they are decent well-made pistols that have the right mix of features and functionality for me.

Apparently the person they used when the designed the grips must have been my clone, because the grip angle is *perfect* for me. When I grip the gun normally and bring it up in a one-handed point, it naturally lines up perfectly on target for me.

I don't plan to ramble on forever about them, there are other forums for that, but I'm hoping that mentioning I own one doesn't make me a second-class citizen over here.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.   I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:18 pm

jc57 wrote:
In addtion to my Bersas, I happen to own and like Glocks. I don't claim they are "Perfection" like their logo says, but they are decent well-made pistols that have the right mix of features and functionality for me.

Apparently the person they used when the designed the grips must have been my clone, because the grip angle is *perfect* for me. When I grip the gun normally and bring it up in a one-handed point, it naturally lines up perfectly on target for me.

I don't plan to ramble on forever about them, there are other forums for that, but I'm hoping that mentioning I own one doesn't make me a second-class citizen over here.

You're banned!
Nah, I shot a Glock for the first time last weekend and did better with it than my own Smith and Wesson. I know what all the hype is about now. LEO's, soldiers, and feds around the world are idiots though right? Glock is crap Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://bersalive.forumotion.com
jc57

PostSubject: Re: I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.   I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Well I'm an old-schooler when it comes to guns - it's all about a 3-foot deep blue steel finish and rosewood grips! Or a nice almost shiny brushed stainless steel. And gently curved lines that taper towards the barrel end.

So then you have the Glock. A pair of two-by-fours bolted together at a slightly greater than 90 degree angle, and painted with matte black spray paint. And half of it made by Mattel! And the trigger doesn't "snap", it "sproings."

Or at least that's what I thought about them when I bought my first G17 in 1988 or so. I was used to shooting a k-frame Smith revolver and something that ugly and plasticy just couldn't shoot right. But it did. I was still better with my old wheelgun, but that was an original Model 66 (no dash) from the early 70s when Smith and Wessons came with smooth as glass triggers out of the box. And 18 rounds before you had to reload was a mighty big deal back then.

I didn't keep that original Glock. But since then I've come to appreciate them for their raw utilitarian functionality and durability. They're still ugly as hell, but I didn't buy them to hang on the mantel!

Last edited by jc57 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.   I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 pm

jc57 wrote:

So then you have the Glock. A pair of two-by-fours bolted together at a slightly greater than 90 degree angle, and painted with matte black spray paint. And half of it made by Mattel! And the trigger doesn't "snap", it "sproings."
this made me lol!
Back to top Go down
https://bersalive.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.   I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm hoping "Glock" isn't a dirty word here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BersaLive :: General Firearms Talk :: Non-Bersa Firearms-
Jump to: