BersaLive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for Bersa owners, enthusiasts, and non-owners alike -without fear of termination due to one's opinion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What you would like to see on bersalive?

Go down 
+2
duke51
Calvin
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

What you would like to see on bersalive? Empty
PostSubject: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:44 pm

I've been using forums for years, but operating them all of 48 hours now...that being said if there are things you guys want to have added, etc... feel free to post them here. I'm all ears, and here for you guys to have a place you enjoy!
So don't hesitate.
Back to top Go down
https://bersalive.forumotion.com
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:51 pm

My aht is off to you for starting this. I know a lot of people are tired of the BS over there.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 pm

duke51 wrote:
My aht is off to you for starting this. I know a lot of people are tired of the BS over there.
and thank you for joining. i just hope everyone can enjoy the place and not worry about being banned for having a simple opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Calvin wrote:
duke51 wrote:
and thank you for joining. i just hope everyone can enjoy the place and not worry about being banned for having a simple opinion.

I'm so glad you added that qualifier in your last sentence: most of Duke's opinions are simple. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Now ERV, you know I will get you for that sooner or later. heheheh
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:29 pm

duke51 wrote:
Now ERV, you know I will get you for that sooner or later. heheheh

I'm counting on it.
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: In The Dark   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Is it possible to alter things so that quotes from previous messages show up with enough contrast to be readable?
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:32 pm

why the bifocals not strong enough?
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:34 pm

i'm actually thinking about the color and contrast on the board. my admin panel has a simple and advance setting, I've already made a few things that were unable to be reversed so I had to start fresh. i'll take a look. if i could get white in quotes would that be good?
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Calvin wrote:
i'm actually thinking about the color and contrast on the board. my admin panel has a simple and advance setting, I've already made a few things that were unable to be reversed so I had to start fresh. i'll take a look. if i could get white in quotes would that be good?

I think I could read white on black or some other dark color.

Duke: Don't bifocals make you see everything twice?
Just askin'.
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:05 pm

OMG!!! 4 EXWIFES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:42 pm

A quick reply box at the bottom is always a nice thing to have. Wink You're doing well with it Calvin!
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:52 pm

RotorNutFD3S wrote:
A quick reply box at the bottom is always a nice thing to have. Wink You're doing well with it Calvin!

yeah, it's a great forum for a free host site. i'd love the quick reply and new posts thing like we have on the V formatted bulletins, but it'll have to suffice for now. there is a forum for forums on forumotion.com lol, so i'm learning alot. if i change the skin or version it might be there, but i'm going to wait a while until we get lots of new members and show some various formats/skins and let everyone vote on it. the first version i had i hated, because it didn't show categories, just all the topics.
thanks
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:30 pm

So after coming back to my house and using my fairly large screen I discovered the font size I've had on for the past 2 days was way too small. I turned it up 2 sizes, but want some info from you guys with the text colours/background. There are thousands upon thousands of skins and versions to use. Some are very simple and some are quite elaborate and too much on the eyes. I have something (brain tumor, eye problem, lesion, optic nerve, hell idk which) that causes lines to move if I look at them with both eyes open and causes me to squint or close one to view clearly. I may be changing the white on black but that will entail a different skin. Feedback
Back to top Go down
jc57

PostSubject: How about a "Gear" section   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 am

So we've got an Ammo section - how about a general gear section? To discuss things like holsters, magazines, grips, gun safes, accessories, that sort of thing?

Maybe even a sticky thread with links to some of the vendors out there who specialize in Bersa-related products. Like holster-makers, grip-makers, and the like.

Just a thought. Depends on whether you want this place to be more of a coffee shop where we sit around and chat, or an information resource for Bersa owners, or something else entirely!
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 am

Might also add a section on Concealed Carry.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 am

jc57 wrote:
So we've got an Ammo section - how about a general gear section? To discuss things like holsters, magazines, grips, gun safes, accessories, that sort of thing?

Maybe even a sticky thread with links to some of the vendors out there who specialize in Bersa-related products. Like holster-makers, grip-makers, and the like.

Just a thought. Depends on whether you want this place to be more of a coffee shop where we sit around and chat, or an information resource for Bersa owners, or something else entirely!

not a problem. gimme a few. i just didn't want Davey Crockett "hisself" thinking we were copying his shit. lol
i want it to be all of the above
Back to top Go down
pistolpete

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 8:10 am

calvin:

i personally like the white print on black background. & i also like the "quotes" in yellow. all very easy to read.

you might also consider a news forum aside from the political forum. political forums get to be a catch-all for anything newsy.

news forum would contain the latest firearms related releases from the NRA, Gun Owners of America, Guns & Patriots & all the relevant stuff ncfly posts over there etc.

we all surf different forums so we everyone can post the links toany pertinent news articles.
Back to top Go down
p-t-max

p-t-max

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 am

It appears that the screen names of Admin and Mods are appearing in dark blue, which is really hard to read against the black background. I think a lighter color would be more readable.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm

p-t-max wrote:
It appears that the screen names of Admin and Mods are appearing in dark blue, which is really hard to read against the black background. I think a lighter color would be more readable.
interesting, on my screen they show up red. i'll work on it. it shows blue for moderators and admins too, yet I think every newest member is the same blue. i'm slowly tweaking it all out guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 am

Classifieds section?
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:45 am

when i hit 25 members, you bet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 am

Gotcha. Figured you might have your reasons for not having one yet. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Don't know if this is a problem, a clitch or what, but...
When I sign on, categories have a red emblem in the far left column, making it easy to know where to find new posts.
However, when I select one category, everything goes back to blue.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Lance39 wrote:
Don't know if this is a problem, a clitch or what, but...
When I sign on, categories have a red emblem in the far left column, making it easy to know where to find new posts.
However, when I select one category, everything goes back to blue.

Lance when it goes to all the threads within that category look for a little yellow/white paper or folder looking icon in front of the thread. It's small, but that indicates the unread threads in that category
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you would like to see on bersalive?   What you would like to see on bersalive? Empty

Back to top Go down

What you would like to see on bersalive?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BersaLive :: Forum discussion-
Jump to: