BersaLive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online community for Bersa owners, enthusiasts, and non-owners alike -without fear of termination due to one's opinion.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello to All!

Go down 
+2
duke51
Calvin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

I created this forum for Bersa handgun owners, shooters, enthusiasts, and non-owners alike. Unlike the "other" Bersa forum and it's illiterate admin, I believe that opinions, discussion, and civil disagreements are what make a forum great! If people disagree, voice an opinion, or correct someone else...there is no need for banning members. Sadly, this is the way for the "other" forum, and I believe it's quite ridiculous. It has some great members with great material, but the "admin" (if you can call it that) who runs the place has no clue how to take criticism or someone else's opinion that rivals his. I have seen many people banned from the place for simply voicing an opinion in a very civil manner. That won't be happening here and I hope you all learn, share, and most of all ENJOY this forum!

That being said...My name is Calvin. I'm 25 years old, live in Atlanta GA and love Bersa handguns. These fine pieces of work put many other brands to the test, and usually come out the victor. I would trust my life to a Bersa. Fine Argentine craftsmanship, great prices, excellent customer service, and most of all RELIABILITY! What more could you want.
Back to top Go down
https://bersalive.forumotion.com
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 am

I was one of them that was banned from that other "forum" for voicing my opinion that totally was the opposite of the '"illiterate" administrator. He runs that forum like a Czar. He preaches "free speech" but in reality , He just wants to boss everyone around. Of course I was banned AFTER I had already contributed $75 sent to him. At his age, I guess there is no hope in him learning to spell or use correct english. There are a lot of good people on that site. I hope they come over here where their voice can be heard.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 pm

duke51 wrote:
I was one of them that was banned from that other "forum" for voicing my opinion that totally was the opposite of the '"illiterate" administrator. He runs that forum like a Czar. He preaches "free speech" but in reality , He just wants to boss everyone around. Of course I was banned AFTER I had already contributed $75 sent to him. At his age, I guess there is no hope in him learning to spell or use correct english. There are a lot of good people on that site. I hope they come over here where their voice can be heard.
Duke welcome aboard! I'm sorry about your experience, especially after donating that much money. That's really shitty. Glad you're here and post up an intro thread here in the Welcome Section. Feel free to post as much as you want, because I need to get a lot of content on here before I go telling everyone about the place.
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 pm

No problem, Calvin. Will post things I think are interesting to people like us. Congrats on starting up this forum. I will try to get some friends that I have on the "other" forum to come over here.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:38 pm

thanks alot Duke! I'm putting together a feedback section as we speak. p-t-maxx let me know i had a few sections that wouldn't allow members to post, only admins...they're all working now!
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 pm

It takes a while to get the bugs worked out.
Back to top Go down
Lance39

Lance39

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Calvin, your "statement of purpose" is direct and to the point. - and one with which I agree.
I'm a former member of that other forum and although I was not banned (or suspended) , I felt continuing as a member would betray my principles. So I quit.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and to find a moderator/owner who can put three words together without confusing the populace.

Back to top Go down
p-t-max

p-t-max

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:05 pm

My purpose in coming over to BersaLive is to share my common interest in Bersa firearms. As far as I'm concerned, the more Bersa forums, the better; there's no such thing as too much information when it comes to guns. So here I am. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Thanks Lance, and the best part about this forum is...it's FREE. No donations needed, the more members I get down the road I'll need to appoint some moderators to help keep the place civil. It's going to be a little boring for a while until we get some new members and have some content on. Either way I had no idea that I would wake up to find 3 new members today. I didn't know I would have any one agree with my mission statement at all for that matter. But the Muslim jokes, calling people that like AK-47's- terrorist supporters, commie bastards, etc... I'm not going to be a part of that. And I expect everyone to have their opinion. Some people just aren't going to look at things with an open-mind...and they're going to think they're always right. Kind of like the anti-Glock thing- thousands of soldiers, LEO's, and governmental agencies around the world must be complete idiots for using them...after all they're "junk" right? A real man uses solid steel with wood grips Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
ncflyfisher

ncflyfisher

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Calvin!

Can't have too many Bersa forums to promote the best valued, beat priced handgun in the World Very Happy

The platform looks great. Still hunting and picking myself around a bit. The FAQ section is a great help.

Thanks,

NCFly
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 pm

ncflyfisher wrote:
Hi Calvin!

Can't have too many Bersa forums to promote the best valued, beat priced handgun in the World Very Happy

The platform looks great. Still hunting and picking myself around a bit. The FAQ section is a great help.

Thanks,

NCFly
Thanks NC, I'm still learning myself! There's too many things/options/etc to look at in one day!
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Hey Fly! Good to see ya again.
Back to top Go down
Taz4509

Taz4509

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:01 am

Lance39 wrote:
Calvin, your "statement of purpose" is direct and to the point. - and one with which I agree.
I'm a former member of that other forum and although I was not banned (or suspended) , I felt continuing as a member would betray my principles. So I quit.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and to find a moderator/owner who can put three words together without confusing the populace.

Amen!

Lance and I bugged out about 8 months ago when you-know-who was on one of his many power trips and haven't been back since.....

The "ban button" shouldn't be a toy for some overgrown juvenile to play with, and back when I was still there, I don't think that a day went by when the threat of "banning or nuking or some other bullcrap-pseudomym for banning" wasn't directed at someone or other.

Glad to see you guys here, and thank goodness for a sane site and for giving me an email heads-up.

Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:03 am

Taz4509 wrote:
Lance39 wrote:

Amen!

Lance and I bugged out about 8 months ago when you-know-who was on one of his many power trips and haven't been back since.....

The "ban button" shouldn't be a toy for some overgrown juvenile to play with, and back when I was still there, I don't think that a day went by when the threat of "banning or nuking or some other bullcrap-pseudomym for banning" wasn't directed at someone or other.

Glad to see you guys here, and thank goodness for a sane site and for giving me an email heads-up.

haha welcome taz! and thanks. be sure to make introduce yourself thread! glad you're here
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 am

Hey Taz! Good to see you again. Been a while. bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taz4509

Taz4509

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

duke51 wrote:

Yeah, great to see you all here too. I grew tired of all the kindergarden antics at the other place, and boycotted it about 6 months ago.

I'm glad Calvin took the initiative to introduce sanity to a bersa forum.
Back to top Go down
Calvin
Admin
Calvin

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Taz4509 wrote:
duke51 wrote:

Yeah, great to see you all here too. I grew tired of all the kindergarden antics at the other place, and boycotted it about 6 months ago.

I'm glad Calvin took the initiative to introduce sanity to a bersa forum.

I don't know about the sanity part, but new forum -yes! Hopefully we'll keep growing, I had doubts that anyone would even sign up. But 13 members in just 3 days is good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Taz4509

Taz4509

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I'd wager that there's more than a few members over there fed up with all the crap too.
Back to top Go down
duke51

duke51

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:12 pm

I would say so too. It was REALLY getting bad over there when I got banned.
Back to top Go down
ncflyfisher

ncflyfisher

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Taz4509 wrote:
Lance39 wrote:

Amen!

Well as I live & draw breath, LOL

TAZ! So nice to see and hear from you once again cyclops Hope all is well at the homestead Very Happy

Happy VD (humm, that isn't a good sentiment when "happy valentines" is abbreviated)...
Back to top Go down
Taz4509

Taz4509

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:52 pm

Hey Fly good to see you too. Everything's great on the home front. How about you?
Back to top Go down
ncflyfisher

ncflyfisher

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 am

Taz4509 wrote:
Hey Fly good to see you too. Everything's great on the home front. How about you?

Very glad to hear on your status. I'm still grinding at my job. My pooch, Mr. Lucky, passed last August. It took me awhile to adjust to his death. In late October I adopted a new dog, a beagle/golden retriever mix (A Beago, lol). His name is Orvis, of course Very Happy

Might have a new job in another area. Got a email today about it from their corporate HQ and a actual name & phone number. Well see.

Orvis with my Pro 45 UC:

Hello to All! 154ehpx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello to All! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello to All!   Hello to All! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello to All!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BersaLive :: Welcome Section-
Jump to: